About the Global Council
Welcome to this new platform for exchange on strategies and practical tools for the development of a prevention culture based on the Vision Zero mind set.
We invite all companies that have joined the ISSA’s Vision Zero campaign to benefit from the information provided by Council members on the prevention programmes and activities of their companies to improve safety, health and wellbeing at work.
Besides insights into the activities of the Global Vision Zero Business Council, this platform provides access to information from the emerging National Vision Zero Business Councils, which will enrich the international sharing of good practices and offer further networking opportunities.
We hope that this platform will serve to support your company’s successful journey to Vision Zero.
On September 4, 2017, during the XXI World Congress on Safety and Health at Work, the International Social Security Association (ISSA) launched Vision Zero – the first-ever global prevention campaign.
Vision Zero expresses the belief that every accident, disease, or injury at work can be prevented if the safety, health, and wellbeing of people comes first.
More than 8,000 companies from across the globe have since expressed their commitment to the Vision Zero mindset and signed up as campaign partners.
A group of Safety, Health, and Environment managers from renowned international companies met in October 2018 by invitation from the ISSA secretary general and agreed to set up a Global Vision Zero Business Council.
- We share successful management models and best practices to achieve Vision Zero
- The commitment of top management and the involvement of all staff in prevention are of special importance to us
- We share a keen interest in the challenges and opportunities related to the emerging digital economy
- We’d like to demonstrate that Vision Zero is good for people and for business
- We meet at major international OSH events where we present and discuss our experiences with strategic topics like
- The 7 Golden Rules of Vision Zero
- Sustainable leadership commitment
- Vision Zero in all business activities
- People-centered prevention culture
- Vision Zero and the digital economy
- Based on our discussions, we prepare and publish recommendations that we share with the Vision Zero community and beyond
Global Vision Zero Business Council
- Grupo Energía Bogotá
- Novo Nordisk
- Philip Morris
- Tsubaki Nakashima
Upcoming Council events
Council member of the month
Chief of the OSH Department
The Global Vision Zero concept, which JSC “Zarubezhneft” has joint on the 1st of March 2018, combines all main principles of creating safe and favorable working conditions.
Demonstrating openness and transparency in the field of industrial safety, willingness to share experience in implementing the Golden Rules of Vision Zero, the Company became an official member of the Global Vision Zero Business Council and gained access to international best practices and the latest trends in the implementation of the Concept.
A systematic approach to the implementation of the Vision Zero Concept in the Zarubezhneft Group of Companies, at international projects and in contracting organizations will improve the safety culture of production and improve the system of preventive measures to achieve zero injuries.